|
::the girl:: ❤Yizhen=) ❤20 ❤CHIJ OLN ❤CHIJ SJC ❤Nanyang Polytechnic ❤Diploma in Information Technology (Year 3) ❤Vegetarian ![]()
YiZhen Ng's Profile ![]() Create Your Badge Likes Kids and Chocolates Dislikes Being Sick and Losing Someone ::links:: Inspiration NYP Yahoo Blogger Good Stuff Chinese Stories Quotes READ Newpaper Internet SMS
::past memories:: - February 2008 - March 2008 - April 2008 - May 2008 - June 2008 - July 2008 - August 2008 - September 2008 - October 2008 - November 2008 - December 2008 - January 2009 - February 2009 - March 2009 - April 2009 - May 2009 - June 2009 - July 2009 - August 2009 - September 2009 - October 2009 - November 2009 - December 2009 - January 2010 - February 2010 - March 2010 - April 2010 - May 2010 - June 2010 - July 2010 - August 2010 - September 2010
|
Saturday, August 21, 2010
当我老了 当我老了,不再是原来的我。 请理解我,对我有一点耐心。 当我把菜汤洒到自己的衣服上时,当我忘记怎样系鞋带时, 当我一遍又一遍地重复你早已听腻的话语, 当我需要你帮我洗澡时, 当我对新科技和新事物不知所措时, 当我由于双腿疲劳而无法行走时, 当我忽然忘记我们谈话的主题, 当你看着老去的我,请不要悲伤。 当初我引导你走上人生路,如今请陪伴我走完最后的路。 When I am old When I am old, I am no longer the same. When I spilled the soup onto their own clothes, when I forgot how to tie my shoelace When I repeated myself over and over again and you are already tired of hearing the words, When I need you to help me bathe, When I am overwhelmed by new technology and new things When my legs are tired and unable to walk When I start to forget what we are talking about, When you look at the aging me, please do not grieve. When I lead you onto Life, now please accompany me to walk the last road. This poem may sound familiar to some people but not at all to some. While i was queuing up to buy food this morning i read this poem, that was on the wall, once again. It was actually in chinese but i tried to use google translator to translate the whole thing then edit the phrasing and some parts so it may not be in very smooth english but what matters is the content. These are the words, no parents will tell their children, but are what children have to know... The patience showered upon our parents during their last part of their journey will be greatly appreciated by them.Not only that, but its our responsibility! How sad is it to learn that some human can actually be more patient with their cats and dogs that they own and can be so miserable that they take "good care" of their pet in pet society till they reach "high level".. But in practical life, their parents are not even taken care of. How sad it is to have teachers in school teaching students yet they did not set real life example back home. Even more sad to see the elderly in the homes, like last sun we went to LRY to LY. I had always enjoyed and feel very fulfill after my trip there. And the saddest part is actually they ended up there to spend their remaining days without their kids. But for those who have no kids and no kins, I feel glad that at least they have the nurses and care takers there to take care and love them. ***
|
::tag me::
| |